The collaboration between universities and SMEs should be based on small projects. These projects must be focused in localized and specific problematic areas in the companies, where the potential of improvement and innovation is large, must diagnose the problematic situation and propose new and efficient solutions supported by technical/scientific methodologies. The involvement of managers and collaborators of SMEs and the clearly definition of their roles in the project are fundamental issues for the collaboration success.
Collaboration plan between HEIs and SMEs
- Meeting of University Professor and Senior Management
- Objectives of project collaboratively defined
- Discreet and not complex
- Define the project task
- Aim is to solve the company’s organisational or technical problem
- Gathering of the system/product information
- Diagnosis of the system/product
- Identification of critical points
- Purpose of general solution
- Development of procedures, tools, software, etc.
- Validation of the developed system
- Technincal and economical impact analysis
- Implementation of the optimum solution